Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Poker Runs / Boat Shows / Racing
Register Calendar

Old 09-13-2004, 03:00 PM

thanks for sharing the pick:D
Old 09-13-2004, 03:39 PM

Doc, Your killing me!!! Why in the hell did I not go??? I think I'm ready to book for next year. I new it was a big Poker Run but that's a lot of hardware!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Sorry I missed you Dock !......To many people to meet !!!!
I think all of my pics are Dougs T/G.....Bar none..My favorite boat at the run !!! Very nice guy to !

BTW......The "River X" Skater is the reason the OL turned up his engines at lunch ! That little 32 had him untill it got tooooo rough !!:D :D
Old 09-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Charter Member

What an awesome weekend. Great pics Dock and I think I will only add one of my favorites. When we were back at the falls I never did answer the question about what I liked best about the weekend. Roger always puts on a great run and the boats that show up are impressive but the thing I liked best is meeting new friends and putting faces to board names.

Boat Princess looking foreward to meeting you and glad to hear you are feeling better. We may meet before the run next year. Mark was really working hard on us to go to the Jacksonville run and Emerald Coast.

birdog, It's about time we met. Thanks for introducing me to your engine guy. If you get a chance would you email me his phone #. No way was going to interrupt his sunday to look at my carbs. I need to check some things out and then give him a call. Maybe we can meet on the river some night. We are doing another COPS run in a couple weeks out of Chicago if you want to go with us let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lakec.jpg (29.2 KB, 170 views)
Old 09-14-2004, 06:55 AM

Doc:

Thanks for sharing all of your pictures. Sorry I did not get to spend more time with ya. I had an incredible time. The houseboat you see me tied next to belongs to my friends Bill & Cindy Costoplos from I.N. they keep it up at Alligator Dock. Nine of us stayed on the boat and it was really neat to stay at State Dock where all the action was. RE: Friday night-it was on Thur., Fri. and Saturday. Long ride home on Sunday. We ran in the 100+ class and did pretty good. Got passed by the big boys but held our own otherwise.

Sonny B.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:26 AM

Nice pictures Dock, glad you guys had a good time. I hope Tasha didn't get tossed around too bad. Get everything put back together, because if you thought that poker run was rough. Wait till you are in 160 mph winds in a hurricane this weekend.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:42 PM
NOT registerd anymore

Quote:
Originally posted by Steelware
Nice pictures Dock, glad you guys had a good time. I hope Tasha didn't get tossed around too bad. Get everything put back together, because if you thought that poker run was rough. Wait till you are in 160 mph winds in a hurricane this weekend.
I'm ready!

After the 6 footers in Savannah while Isabell was in town it cannot be too bad! And that was in a Fountain!

I think we may have to pull in the rain Saturday going down, but the weather should be real good Sunday, Monday & Tuesday.

If it looks too bad, we will just pull father South. St. Augustine should be nice about that time!

See ya

P.S. John Kerry has his truck for sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg john kerry truck.jpg (25.2 KB, 138 views)
Old 09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Sent you a PM Doug.........Get ahold of Merlin540 about those props....I never tracked him sown Sat for you..He was staying on a housebout on the lake somewere.

What are ya tryin to say Dock ???

:D :D
Old 09-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

I talked to his wife at the ramp and then him up top while we wiped are boats off. He got me all set up. Thank You, Doug
Old 09-15-2004, 12:25 PM
NOT registerd anymore

Just had this picture emailed to me. It was taken from someone that was watching the run from the shore.

Glad to get it!

Birddog, I think there is one of you running also. I will try to get it posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (32.9 KB, 112 views)
Old 09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
NOT registerd anymore

Quote:
Originally posted by birdog

What are ya tryin to say Dock ???

:D :D
Hey Dog, Steelware was in the market for a new truck. Just trying to help a buddy out!
Old 09-15-2004, 12:30 PM
NOT registerd anymore

I think this is you BirdDog.

Nice ride!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg birddog.jpg (29.3 KB, 109 views)
Old 09-15-2004, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dock Holiday
Just had this picture emailed to me. It was taken from someone that was watching the run from the shore.

Glad to get it!

Birddog, I think there is one of you running also. I will try to get it posted.
Well...thanks for turning me on to the site. Doc, in comparison with other runs you have done, how would you rank this on a overall scale to 1-10 with 10 the best.

What did you think of the hardware? Looks like you had a great time. Hope the wife makes next year. Maybe next year I'll be in another boat if all the hard work pays off from missing this years run.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:01 PM
NOT registerd anymore

Quote:
Originally posted by Luv-N-It
Well...thanks for turning me on to the site. Doc, in comparison with other runs you have done, how would you rank this on a overall scale to 1-10 with 10 the best.

What did you think of the hardware? Looks like you had a great time. Hope the wife makes next year. Maybe next year I'll be in another boat if all the hard work pays off from missing this years run.
Mike, Welcome to "Boat Freaks"! It is a very good site.

I was very disappointed that you and the wife did not make the run. We looked for you guys!

Lake Cumberland is a VERY nice lake. Growing up in Hot Springs, Arkansas I am use to Corp Lakes. My dad had a couple of house boats up on Lake Quachita (pronouced "Wash A Taw" after the indians). I like the lakes that do not have any houses on them.

We have done six poker runs this year and I rank the Lake Cumberland run a seven.

Jacksonville is my favorite and by far the best poker run on the East coast.

We enjoyed Cumberland, but it is a hard pull, my truck is in the shop for brakes this morning. The ramps are steep and the parking is not that good. The run is VERY ROUGH!

They did a good job with the water taxi to Jamestown and the band Saturday we great. The food was okay. They fed you a lot, but just did not give you much!

As for the hardware, It was the BEST. I give them a TEN "10" for getting the big boys out for the run!

The wife is a very special lady. Most wifes would have made their husband stay home. She made me go. WELL, maybe she just wanted to get rid of me!!!!!!!!

As a famous Governor once said, "We Will Be Back"!

See you soon.
Doc
Old 09-15-2004, 01:07 PM

I knew it would be tight for ya and a hard pull. I think you would have had "better" parking at the State Dock ramp. All ramps are steep at the lake. Grider Hill has the least space available and I'm surprised you were able to use their ramp with ease other than the incline of the ramp. I would have thought it would have been extremely tight for you there!

I am happy you have a great wife in "Mrs. Holiday". Will you make it back for next year?!