Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > General Discussion
Register BF STORE Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM

Mercury 500 efi parts at NAPA????

does anyone know if you can get some 500 efi replacment parts at NAPA, Dist.cap, rotors, coil, oil filters, and if you can does anyone know the part numbers...thanks joe
Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 PM

Its been a while, but if I'm not mistaken yes, but it is Sierra stuff or the chevy equievelent. For the Oil Filter if your in a jam you can go to any parts store and use a Fram HP4 for that purpose.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM

Go to Napa or find someone with a Napa Prolink account, it will cross mercury part numbers. Have used it to buy IAC's and other parts through NAPA.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Hillary in 2016

Do not buy NAPA Brand distributor caps or rotors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preferably buy AcDelco or Merc parts. Most Napa's don't carry much AcDelco stuff anymore.

Be careful, I think a lot of people on this forum started as retards and got worse. - MarylandMark

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather I will skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!!!"
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Hillary in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
Go to Napa or find someone with a Napa Prolink account, it will cross mercury part numbers. Have used it to buy IAC's and other parts through NAPA.
I have Prolink and it only lists the black motors...nothing blue.

If someone doesn't have Prodink they can give me a Merc or GM Part# and I'll see what it crossreferences into Napa# for you.

Be careful, I think a lot of people on this forum started as retards and got worse. - MarylandMark

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather I will skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!!!"
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the come backs guys, i have a napa account just wondering if anybody get stuff from them, made be i just better call BAM or sombody like that....thanks joe
Old 01-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Hillary in 2016

FYI: NAPA's oil filters are made by Wix. They are good...very good.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
FYI: NAPA's oil filters are made by Wix. They are good...very good.
Made by and built to themsame standards are not the same thng. We dumpedi crapa tears ago, went all OEM and have not looked back. Our bortom line improved dramatically.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
BANNED

I buy Valvoline VR1 Racing oil at NAPA and use their Platinum OIL Filters.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Hillary in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
Made by and built to themsame standards are not the same thng. We dumpedi crapa tears ago, went all OEM and have not looked back. Our bortom line improved dramatically.
Their Gold or Silverline brands ?

BTW: I dumped all else NAPA earlier this year for much better quality and much better pricing ! NAPA has really hit rock bottom.....and it really sucks as I have one across the street. Next nearest parts store is 12 miles away !

Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I have Prolink and it only lists the black motors...nothing blue.

If someone doesn't have Prodink they can give me a Merc or GM Part# and I'll see what it crossreferences into Napa# for you.
I bought IAC's for a Merc 700 SCI by crossing the Mercury part # on Prolink. Maybe it was just luck.

Last edited by Beak Boater; 01-15-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Do not buy NAPA Brand distributor caps or rotors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preferably buy AcDelco or Merc parts. Most Napa's don't carry much AcDelco stuff anymore.
What he said. BTDT, got the mis-fired engine to prove it.

"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -Daniel Webster
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Their Gold or Silverline brands ?

BTW: I dumped all else NAPA earlier this year for much better quality and much better pricing ! NAPA has really hit rock bottom.....and it really sucks as I have one across the street. Next nearest parts store is 12 miles away !
We used their gold lne. Had an issue wth the branch close to me, threw them out of my shop. During our end of the year review it was evident my shop had WAY less engine and fuel system issues. We converted all of our shops to OEM filters and havn't looked back..
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Hillary in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
I bought IAC's for a Merc 700 SCI by crossing the Mercury part # on Prolink. Maybe it was just luck.
I was saying the pull down menu for Mercruiser only lists the black motors.

The cross reference part of it is pretty good, but you need the # you need cross referenced.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Hillary in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
We used their gold lne. Had an issue wth the branch close to me, threw them out of my shop. During our end of the year review it was evident my shop had WAY less engine and fuel system issues. We converted all of our shops to OEM filters and havn't looked back..
Thanks for the info.

Lately, I ran into a few Bosch 02 sensors that where $80 more than at Federated.

Last week, I priced an Expedition 5.4L Dorman intake manifold. NAPA was at $270 and federated at $190.

I can go on and on about SLAPA. I call them this because when i deal with them I feel like I should beatch slap myself.

Ok....one last one for now......their brake pads suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better get out your grinding wheel to make them fit unless paying for their overpriced ADO's.