Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Poker Runs / Boat Shows / Racing
Register Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2003, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Jacksonville Poker Run Photo's

Sorry for the delay TJ but as you know I have had a few com[uter issues to dell with. These are not the ones that I took but they are great.Photos

PS. check out boat #57:D
Old 10-28-2003, 12:32 PM
NOT registerd anymore

Great pictures Mark have you got anymore you can post ??
I saw allot of Velocity boats they look good ,,are the boats about the same or less speed than the 38 cig. with equal power ?
My buddy here said he had read the 38 TG and the 39 velocity
are allot different ,the 39 is much slower due to a poor hull pad design yet the 39 will run better in the rough by far than a double
step T/G .. Just curious ,,Out here noone will have a T/G 38 T/S as they are very flighty and dance at speed in the rough and everyone likes the old bottom .
390 may be the answer for my second boat as we run in the rough .

I know the owners of T/S guns think their driving the ultimate ocean boat but here its proven daily they have never driven the old good hull or never been in the rough ,
I do like the 390 I got a catalog and need your input please ,sir
Thanks
JIMMY

Last edited by ZZ-502; 10-28-2003 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Jimmy I can only speak from what I have seen first hand, and that is a 390 with equal power to a 38 T/G T/S, the 390 is faster. I have friends with both, I have never been in the ocean in T/G but have been told that it handles great. The T/G my friend has is the one in the pictures COLOR ME BAD, it has the 525 merc's with the ITS sportmaster drives. With 32 labbed bravo's it runs 84 mph. Sleeper on this board or Skeet on the other board has the red and black 390 in the pic's, it has 500efi merc,s with xr drives and with labbed 29 hydro's it will run 85 to 86mph. I have been in that boat in some pretty rough stuff and it handles it with ease.
Man am I ever going to catch hell for this post.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Very nice pictures and beautiful boats. How far is the course ? It looks like it would really be a fun run.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Doug it is a great run. The Poker run is 160miles round trip with 5 stops and lunch at the Crab Shack on the Saint Johns River. The Crab Shack has over 1/4mile of dock space and we still had boats rafting up to get in. Some of the pictures are from Fri when we went to St Augustine(spell check would be nice) and had lunch, and the others are from sunday when some of the more fortunate people got to hang around go where the water was so clear.:D That would be a haul for you but the guy with the 50 Nortech came from Canada if that tells you anything about how good the run is.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Thanks to Kaama and C.O.P.S we have been hanging out on Lake Michigan alot. We really love the open water but I'm sure the smell of salt would make it that much better. I really don't mind the long tows. We took the boat down to New Orleans form Indiana for the SBI Worlds last year but only had 2 good boating days out of 5. Maybe one of these days I'll get her back to florida.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Watch it, Cledus...

Doug, post some pictures of your Cig in the picture of boat thread.

I would really like to see it
Old 10-28-2003, 01:48 PM
NOT registerd anymore

Well thanks for the truth !
I know several guys here in our club bought T/G 38T/S and they love them due to the lift in smooth water but in the rough its just to much lift and beats you to death .
Most of them here are 255k new loaded on a bad trailer like a myco and try to sell it and the old ones are worth more and sell quick since they do well in the rough .
They have the 3rd owner in 18 months aswell !
I really like the 390 or the 41 and would like Tom to build me one with 575's and i should beat a T/G .
Is that your take on it ?Plus I won't take a razzing from everyone that I bought the T/G to make up for man hood that kind of junk !
Its a good boat , I feel You are steering me right on the 390 though and I can save money ,Tom quoted on last week
Thanks Gotta Work Back In 30 Min !
Jimmy
Old 10-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Here is a nice one for sale and it runs great.Toms 390
Old 10-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

great pics,160 miles long,i believe that run is longer than the 1000 island poker run up in canada.last time i did that one it was like 150 mi.look like you had some nice weather,not to sunny,sunburn level was low:D
Old 10-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Watch it, Cledus...

ZZ- Did you mean the 3rd factory owner in 18months?
Old 10-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

That's the run I'm really going to shooting for next year. I would have gone this year, but I want to get a new trailer before going that far.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:22 AM

I have a 2001 Gun T/S and I can tell you this..... I ran from stop 4 to stop 5 with "color me bad" and we went side by side for probably 10 miles wide open. It was a dead heat, we were literally side by side. I had a blast. When we got back to the dock he said that we were running 84.5mph which he showed me on the gps speedo tattletale. My Gps was off a little (new unit wrong ant.) I got a chuckle because I am only running HP500EFI's, he has HP525's and my motors have about 250 hours on them.

As for rough water handling you couldnt be more incorrect about T/S Top Guns. They are fantastic in the rough stuff. Velocity is good also but not the same. I was able to compare the two back to back before I bought my Gun. I also live very close to the open ocean. Also look at the 2001 APBA F-2 season where Tres Martin won with a T/S hull in what was probably the roughest water season in years. They proof is in the puddin......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00199.jpg (8.2 KB, 103 views)
Old 10-30-2003, 11:52 AM
NOT registerd anymore

Ambusher ,I was talking about what I was told that the cig factory was sold 3 times in 18 months ??

Not tring to hurt anyone, just here in Cailf those boats( 38t/s) are like Outerlimits allot of time and called pimp boats since most of the time the owners house is sized less than his boat (something wrong here) like a Pimp and his car ??
I'm buying a 390 Velocity as I feel they fit my budget better and are faster than a compared T/G .They have more room and your not buying the name !

I think Dhlaw is funny out running the other newer T/S as he only has 470 HP and no box or anything and the other boat had 535 full hp and shorty with a box ,,further proof that the new boats aren't as good !
I like all though please don't take this wrong I just have a budget and don't need long bank terms for not much boat .
Thanks
Jimmy

Last edited by ZZ-502; 10-30-2003 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:32 PM

If "color me bad" has extension boxes, shorties and labbed 32's he ought to be runnig about 86-88mph