Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Poker Runs / Boat Shows / Racing
Register Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 PM

Pirates of Lanier Poker Run, July 19 - 22

Castaways Poker Run has been renamed Pirates of Lanier Poker Run.

All the details are the same. Sign up soon, hotel rooms and villa rooms are going fast not to mention dock space at Sunset Cove. Dock space rental will open to the public on May 21, however we expect 250 boats to enter the Poker Run and those boats will be reserving slips! After you sign up you will receive an email invite@eventbrite. On their site you will have access to reserve dockspace, choose the date then your slip and you have to rent the slip for each day you want. You will read, slip rental ends at 11:00 PM, however you may leave your boat at the slip at night as long as you have it rented the next day or you will be pulling it out early the next morning.
Lots more news coming! How about the chance to win a new car as Grand Poker Prize! Fabulous Live concert on a floating stage with laser display and FIREWORKS all right on the water in Sunset Cove at Lake Lanier Islands Resort! There are also cabins for rent. For the land lubbers, Lanier Islands is covered in ZIP LINES for your entertainment.

Come on out and help us raise $130,000 for Kids in need

http://lanierpartners.org/index.php
Old 05-25-2012, 11:03 PM

As of today we have 92 entries, we are confident the number will push to 250. On the website we have posted Who's coming boat names. We elected not to share people names respecting privacy. We, at Lanier Partners, are so very excited all of you are attending to help us reach our goal of $130,000 all to be awarded to Camp Sunshine, making a HUGE difference to kids diagnosed with cancer and their families bringing them together so they know they are not alone in such a devastating time, and to Naval Seals kids of fallen soldiers and last but not least Children's Healthcare. We are working hard on details everyday. We have free support from Cox Media and their four participating radio stations including 97.1 The River. Please check the www.lanierpartners.org website often for updates on details of docks at Sunset Cove and accommodations. Online sponsorships are encouraged and most helpful to reach our goal. To be clear, all expenses of this poker run are taken care of before we have accepted the first dollar from you and I assure you ALL of your dollars go directly to the charities, so please help us help those in need, tell all your friends and let's have a memorable weekend we can all be proud of.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 PM

147 entries so far.

Alert! This might be the most important piece of information you will get about the Pirates of Lanier Poker run----Sunset Cove at Lanier Islands has a rule. No beverages of any kind, ice included, are allowed to be transferred from land to dock or dock to land. They want to sell you a drink. Therefore, upon launching your vessel pack all of your beverages for the weekend. Friday at the raft up lunch I will have 50 bags of ice available at the raft up location for you to re-ice your coolers. Saturday morning before boats leave docks we will bring you ice to the end of each dock to re-ice your coolers. Keep in mind most marinas sell beer but not liquor. If you don't want to load up your boat you may certainly cruise around to the gas dock at Holiday Marina each day and resupply from your vehicle.

When on land at Sunset I think you will all be pleasantly surprised with the three full bars, two restaurants, a hot dog house, not to mention our great concert and fireworks, which can be enjoyed sitting right on your own boat.

For those of you on the wait list for dock slips at Sunset Cove you should have just received an email. The first dock,of three, is now being assigned slips to those on the wait list. If you are not on the wait list, then upon entering the poker run you will receive instructions on how to get on it. I feel sure all will be accommodated.

Thank you all for joining us for a great weekend event and for helping us to raise funds for our chosen charities to help Georgia's kids in need. Our event , every expense, has been paid by a benefactor. Every dollar from every entry, every hand and ev
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Watch it, Cledus...

Heard a lot of great things about this event at the DU run on lake Murray a couple weeks back!

.....Made this thread a sticky so it doesn't get washed down.

TJ
Old 06-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Mr 2 chits

Looks to be put together well, good job and be safe!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:48 AM

We have a pretty good crowd going down, I think about 12 boats or so.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 AM

We're headed over that Wed. Meeting up w/ a few folks from the J'ville crew. Any of the Boatfreaks crowd going?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:37 AM

This run is an awesome event that keeps getting better every year! Great people involved from every aspect and definatley for a great cause. If any of you guys can make it from the carolinas, i highly recomend coming down.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 AM

Really looking forward to this one.......
2004 Stingray 230SX 496 HO - sold

Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 PM
AKA Hemidoc

I really wanna come to this event since it's only 40 miles from me. I just gotta find a crew of one or more before then.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:06 PM

Just passed 155 boats entered!!

http://vimeo.com/m/44641514

from Nancy Hancock on Vimeo.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome Vid , 155 boats that is great
Old 07-17-2012, 06:33 AM

We are planning on getting there about 2 or so Thurs. Whats this damn weather going todo? Keeps making big changes, from 20 % to 60......damnit