Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Pictures and Videos
Register Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 12:39 AM

Looks good Mark nice building.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKES280 View Post
Mark can you insulate a building like that ? Also how is it attached to the ground ,i see it appears to be a poll building but is the band at the bottom wood and if so want it rot over time. I am not questing how but to lean because it looks like a good way to build a building without having a ton in it
It appears by the pics, thats the way Morton builds theirs. I have 2 Morton buildings and for the poles, they stick 3 2X6's together and stagger them. The ones in the ground are treated.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Mr 2 chits

Yes- they are staggered.

They claim the boards are stronger since there are several grains supporting the weight vs one grain in a single board. Cheaper as well.

Conestoga Buildings- http://www.cbstructuresinc.com/

Amish guys- they spend every night with their wife. 3 hour ride to work, work, and then 3 hour ride home.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:27 AM

Close to the same way Morton does, Morton builds the roof different unlike any I have seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid__0104110114.jpg (37.7 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg !cid__0104110114a.jpg (39.3 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg !cid__0104110115.jpg (36.0 KB, 357 views)
Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 AM

Wow, Went up quick and looks great. side note: what sets of props do ya have? Might be looking for spare set for my 300xs's.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Mr 2 chits

Quote:
Originally Posted by drejustice View Post
Wow, Went up quick and looks great. side note: what sets of props do ya have? Might be looking for spare set for my 300xs's.
Time is money- they don't mess around. Like a week on site work, week on building, 1 day on concrete, and that was dealing with Thanksgiving and weekends in the mix as well.

Props- don't hold me to this but think I have:

24 B1 (I think these are what is on my boat)
24 B1 spare set but verbaled to another BF/OSO guy he could have them but that was like a year ago so I'd have to call and check if that was the size you wanted)
25 QIV-X
25 Rev 4
26 B1
26 QVI-X

All of them are low hours (under 5) and bought new by me. 26 B1's may have like 40 hours on them since my boat likes them in the Spring/Fall but not humid Summer
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
Time is money- they don't mess around. Like a week on site work, week on building, 1 day on concrete, and that was dealing with Thanksgiving and weekends in the mix as well.

Props- don't hold me to this but think I have:

24 B1 (I think these are what is on my boat)
24 B1 spare set but verbaled to another BF/OSO guy he could have them but that was like a year ago so I'd have to call and check if that was the size you wanted)
25 QIV-X
25 Rev 4
26 B1
26 QVI-X

All of them are low hours (under 5) and bought new by me. 26 B1's may have like 40 hours on them since my boat likes them in the Spring/Fall but not humid Summer

Wish my dock went up that quick. Still just the poles! Anyhow, I'll have to touch base once the warm weather is back and the boat is out of storage to test. It'll depend on what you haven't sold by then
Old 01-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Mr 2 chits

Sorry, I thought we were talking about barns and not docks.

My dock was about a week but it it is on land, can't build over water in Maryland any more- blocks the sun from the algee that is killing all of the fish- WTF. Then my boat lift is attached to the docks and driven in the ground. I'm on a channel so can't have poles in the river so we had to do an elevator lift- go figure.

Props- no problem. I haven't really tried to sell them so am sure they will be laying around still. They look cool even when not in use- like art!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boarding.jpg (220.8 KB, 289 views)
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
Sorry, I thought we were talking about barns and not docks.

Uh, i was meaning I wish my dock was finished as fast as your Barn was finished. So I was talking about barns
Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 PM

Nice building Mark.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 AM

Nice building, great looking wife. Congrats on both Mark! You did GOOD!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 AM

Great looking building Mark. Looking at doing one at my river house. Showing my ignorance....in your post on budget you wrote 10 k bank run. Is this for financing and draws?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Watch it, Cledus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaoderhead View Post
....in your post on budget you wrote 10 k bank run. Is this for financing and draws?
I think he was talking about the expense for Bank run gravel/ backfilling the foundation.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET View Post
It appears by the pics, thats the way Morton builds theirs. I have 2 Morton buildings and for the poles, they stick 3 2X6's together and stagger them. The ones in the ground are treated.
3 2x6's are more stable than a 6 x 6... but you must be sure that you get ones that are rated for ground contact....... the stuff you buy at lowes and home depot is only rated for outside........ .24 rating vs .40 treating...... all 6x6's are rated for ground contact. if you look at the little stickers on the ends of the boards you will see what i am talking about.

If you bought a building kit mark I'm sure yours are properly treated but just wanted to mention this for any "do it your selfers" that might try to do this on a deck or something.

Riverfronthandyman.com
Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Mr 2 chits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaoderhead View Post
in your post on budget you wrote 10 k bank run. Is this for financing and draws?
If someone is charging you that much let me know the next time you need money and I'll loan you a little! Just kidding! All cash deal so far, still have about $20K to go to get H20 and electric done. Electric will be done in the Spring, then H20 later this year depending on how well the money tree grows.

As Ambusher said, the bank run is the gravel/clay/dirt mix used for the driveway. It is hard to predict how some thing will compact, didn't compact as well as expected so had to keep the trucks rolling. Guess of 20 loads turned in to needing over 60 loads, at $175 a load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36outlaw View Post

If you bought a building kit mark I'm sure yours are properly treated but just wanted to mention this for any "do it your selfers" that might try to do this on a deck or something.
Yes, this was turn key.

1 company cleared the land, hauled trees away (even payed for some of them), hauled in bank run, leveled land, etc
1 company built barn
1 company did concrete
1 company did gutters
1 company delivered stone for outside

So barn itself was all turn key but some of the other stuff contracted out. It's all rated but good info to have none the less.