Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Pictures and Videos
Register Calendar

Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 AM

Very nice...... My only question is why do you need two barns? A quick coat of paint on the existing barn and you would have been in business...

BMM Founding Member / Treasurer, Motors # 5, 6, & 7
Old 08-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Mr 2 chits

Emblems and foil faced on both sides
2" think with R13 value (foil tape and caulk it in places and that can go up)
Got it at Lowes for ~$30/sheet

http://www.specjm.com/files/pdf/BID0..._FoilFaced.pdf
Old 10-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Mr 2 chits

Ghetto HVAC for now.

Pellet stove and 2 ton window shaker..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131005_071133 (1).jpg (152.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131005_071157 (1).jpg (281.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131005_071121 (1).jpg (277.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Mr 2 chits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
Parents-in-law bought 67 acres, gave my wife 5 acres and her brother 5 acres. Her brother passed so we got his 5 acres. Zoning is 3 acres per house and about 40 acres is usable (streams, buffer zones, etc take up the rest) so could get more lots if wanted but then have to pay more taxes plus the cost of survey and recording with county and all that which is about $10K to get done. They didn't do that the 1st time around because more lots would mean more rules- like have to have a place for school bus to turn around and crap like that as it would be a sub-division at that point. It is in a tax shelter for agruculture use right now to keep taxes low until a house is built as well.

Anyway, they were going to build down there but kept the house they had in Maryland and built a new house in Murrells Inlet, SC instead. We were going to build down there but bought a house instead. So the land just sat there.

I sold my RV Resort lot and needed a place to keep my boat so I started looking in to building a barn down there. All I needed was a place to store the boat, few shelves of crap, blue stone floor, etc.

As all that was going on, the parents-in-law decided to sell their house in Maryland. He was 49 and her 50 when they retired so they have a lot of time to come up with crazy ideas so I pay attention to 10% of it because the other 90% is just talk. Well they said they were going to sell their house, came home one weekend and it was sold 2 weeks later. So now they wanted in on the barn thing so instead of building 2 barns we came up with a design that worked for both of us. Bigger than they wanted and fancier than I wanted.

I know we aren't building down there for a while, if ever. The Parents-in-law are thinking about building a house down there but if they don't, they want some living space there for when they come up to visit, hunt, etc vs staying with us at our house. So they are the ones thinking about finishing off some living space. I am the same as I was, just want a place to put my boat and a few shelves of crap I didn't want cluttering my house.

Barn is on our land but most likely whoever is the first to build down there is going to build next to the barn.

They have the best son-in-law in the world so it all works out.
Parents in law started digging yesterday to put a 3800SF rambler on a 10' ceiling basement next to the barn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140422_103500.jpg (544.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage951398122217714.jpg (68.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2014, 05:29 PM

Wow, time to start digging for that deep a basement! Where ya going to put all that dirt?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Mr 2 chits

Bamm