Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Pictures and Videos
Register Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 04:42 PM

Desert Storm 2014

well......with boating in 2013 pretty much over for us, I'm getting excited for Desert Storm 2014.

This shot from Desert Storm 2012 just gets me going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0061.jpg (304.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Mr 2 chits

I love those trucks!!
Old 10-21-2013, 02:25 PM

I met that guy with his new cat at TNT in Miami last year. He and Jeff Abell were both there while we were launching. He drove it to Key West and had it wet slipped behind the Galleon all week. Can't remember his name,but, he came across as a nice guy.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:57 AM

Desert Storm 2014...its kinda looking like I will be there! Only problem...I won't have a boat...4000 miles of towing just isn't in the cards. Never been to Vegas, and the week prior to the event lines up with my wife's spring break, so it looks like we'll be heading out to LV, then grabbing a car and heading to Havi for the remainder of the trip. Should be fun!

"Most people don't know what they are doing, and a lot of them are really good at it." -George Carlin
Old 10-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Mr 2 chits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommerfliesby View Post
Never been to Vegas

MM's guide to Vegas: Win big, send MM 10% for the great advice!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Junior Post hor

Quote:
Desert Storm 2014...its kinda looking like I will be there! Only problem...I won't have a boat...4000 miles of towing just isn't in the cards. Never been to Vegas, and the week prior to the event lines up with my wife's spring break, so it looks like we'll be heading out to LV, then grabbing a car and heading to Havi for the remainder of the trip. Should be fun!
Just checked only 3600 miles round trip, when are we leaving
Old 10-22-2013, 11:28 AM

We won't be making our fall trip this year. April is a possibility but don't know if will be the week of DS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-22-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
You seem to enjoy driving, pick up the boat on your way down and meet me at the airport. I'll buy fuel!

As for Vegas...I'm going there to people watch and mountain bike...I couldn't care less about gambling.

Seriously, though....we were thinking of renting a runabout or something when we hit Havasu...

"Most people don't know what they are doing, and a lot of them are really good at it." -George Carlin
Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
OUCH Vegas breaking your Vegas cherry and THEN going to DS?!?!? Your nutz!
We did it this year in reverse because I know how rough Vegas can be on us after only a couple of days. Flew to Vegas and drove right down to Havi for 3 nights and then back to Vegas and it was still rough on us.

We didn't have a boat either. Might I suggest you get on River Dave's place. I'm was able to find someone that was nice enough to take us out on the water the day of the Poker run and ran us all over Havi. Some real nice peeps. It was a blast!! Different style of boating for sure.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You seem to enjoy driving, pick up the boat on your way down and meet me at the airport. I'll buy fuel!

As for Vegas...I'm going there to people watch and mountain bike...I couldn't care less about gambling.

Seriously, though....we were thinking of renting a runabout or something when we hit Havasu...
I don't gamble but I still love Vegas. Both Kelly and I could care less but that city just suits us

37 Outerlimits
Just Sayin'
Old 10-22-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
I can be ur co pilot

37 Outerlimits
Just Sayin'
Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 PM

I will be there shooting pics for RiverDavesPlace.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drejustice View Post
OUCH Vegas breaking your Vegas cherry and THEN going to DS?!?!? Your nutz!
We did it this year in reverse because I know how rough Vegas can be on us after only a couple of days. Flew to Vegas and drove right down to Havi for 3 nights and then back to Vegas and it was still rough on us.

We didn't have a boat either. Might I suggest you get on River Dave's place. I'm was able to find someone that was nice enough to take us out on the water the day of the Poker run and ran us all over Havi. Some real nice peeps. It was a blast!! Different style of boating for sure.

I will second that. We knew we were going in 2013 but not towing that distance. Got on www.riverdavesplace.com and just outright asked if there were anyone that would consider letting us ride for expenses. Had 2 RDP members offer a ride almost immediately, but we were there all week so when we arrived we went to the boat show the weekend prior to the poker run and RDP had a booth set up. Got to meet many of the RDP members at the show (great bunch of people) and ended up hanging out with them the entire week. They really took us under their wing and treated us like family. We spent a day in Parker on the river on one of the members boats, visited a couple other members homes on the river and hit all the bars on the water up and down the Parker strip. They had a booth at the street party so we met even more of their members there. On poker run day River Dave had a monster houseboat provided by a friend, and Johnny West (Ultra Boats) was the captain and he took us and many others on the houseboat for a helluva party all day on Lake Havasu. We ran out of ice and luckily the Mills brothers (Baja 1000 racers) from Texas were on the boat with us so they just summoned their helicopter to fly ice out to the boat to keep the party going. It was all over the top and for me it was a bucket list experience, and we made lasting friendships. We then invited all of them to Lake Murray and one of the West Coast guys came out and spent a week with us and did the Lake Murray poker run. I hope to continue the tradition.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Mr 2 chits

Awesome story HeavyHauler- that is what boating is about!!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM

Nice story!!!!! Keep saying I'm going but never have gone to DS, been to Havasu before. Its just over 1,200 miles for me.