Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Poker Runs / Boat Shows / Racing
Register Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 09:38 PM

2011 Don Aronow Memorial Race....Sept 24th

This event is being held at Manhasset Bay Marina/LaMotta's in Port Washington NY. You can see the marina's website here:

http://www.manhassetbaymarina.com/Welcome_to_MBM.html

And here is the website for LaMotta's:

http://www.lamottas.net/

PARKING: The parking lot at the marina has plenty of space. There is usually more then enough space. If not, there is some parking on the street. Keep in mind, that some teams might keep their tow rigs and trailers in the parking lot, so make sure to leave room for them.

VEIWING BOATS: The boats will dock at this marina, and you will be able to come down and view them before and after the event.

**I assist Billy Frenz (NPBA) with the photography, so If you bring your boat down I will get a few shots in of your boat + crew...even if you arent racing**

OTHER: The unrestored 1969 32 foot Cary, will be on display at the race headquarters. My Mini Hawk will be on display also with a for sale sign.

This boat will be restored back to the original livery used by Don Aronow, in his winning bid for the World Championship in 1969
------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching the START of the race: It takes a little time to get out to the outer bay and then finally to the long island sound where they will take off....but if you bring your own boat you can follow them out and watch them take off from a safe distance. For those who DO NOT have a boat, it will be hard to watch the race. I am unsure of areas where you can watch from the shore.

See 'ya at the races!
Who is thinking of coming down and checking it out?