Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Boatfreaks Off-Roading
Register Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshj1980 View Post
She just shook her head and said, I didn't really expect you to come home with anything really useful, but this is even more useless than the one we looked at. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone 5 View Post

best wife quote of the year award
I second that. Wholly schit that's funny !

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Sometimes it can be difficult to shake off the shit you read on the internet

Be careful, I think a lot of people on this forum started as retards and got worse. - MarylandMark

Formula I tinted team flawlessly all day.-Sutphen30
Old 11-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Mr 2 chits

Screw the plow- do donuts until the white stuff is off the driveway and then go find some more!!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 AM

My 800 king quad will run 70. But with dirt devil mud tires it starts to walk around at that speed! I know it will break the tires loose from 45. I could only imagine how fast yours is. My wife told me I needed to get an atv after I blew the clutch and motor on our golf cart.

1975 Aristocraft nineteen
1997 Baja Boss 302
Old 11-18-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatnboy17 View Post
My 800 king quad will run 70. But with dirt devil mud tires it starts to walk around at that speed! I know it will break the tires loose from 45. I could only imagine how fast yours is. My wife told me I needed to get an atv after I blew the clutch and motor on our golf cart.
It's not so much the power as it is the suspension. I went to a park yesterday in Bradford pa, all mountain terrain they have runoff ditches cut in the trails so the rain doesn't wash out the trails, well I was cruising over them at around 60 like they weren't even there. The biggest thing I need to work on is jumping this thing, coming from boating as soon as I feel the front end starting to lift I back off the throttle, where I really need to hold it for another second to keep the front end up for my landings. I'm just so impressed with this thing, its like a mini trophy truck
Old 11-18-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshj1980 View Post
It's not so much the power as it is the suspension. I went to a park yesterday in Bradford pa, all mountain terrain they have runoff ditches cut in the trails so the rain doesn't wash out the trails, well I was cruising over them at around 60 like they weren't even there. The biggest thing I need to work on is jumping this thing, coming from boating as soon as I feel the front end starting to lift I back off the throttle, where I really need to hold it for another second to keep the front end up for my landings. I'm just so impressed with this thing, its like a mini trophy truck
My buddies can am rides incredible compared to my king quad! We mainly just use them for hunting, haven't tried jumping mine. I will be curious to know how well it does in the snow? My wife gets ours stuck every time she gets in the sand in the creek bed. Mud it's almost just boring.

1997 Baja Boss 302
Old 11-18-2013, 08:48 PM

Looks fun.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:34 PM

A local park allows motorized vehicles for winter use. They don't plow the roads and I believe are intended for snowmobiles but we gave them a shot today.
Being that the roads are semi smooth I talked my wife into dropping my son off for a little riding
Old 02-16-2014, 06:04 AM

Old 02-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Mr 2 chits

Cool! I want one..
Old 03-08-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatnboy17 View Post
What year King do you have that is an 800. I didnt know they made an 800. I have a 750 with alot of mods and can hold my own with a canned ham. They get me by about on bike in a drag. That happens in the first 20 feet after that its about the same. Like I said I have alot of mods. Best part is on a day of riding when they start looking for gas pumps I say I still have 2/3s a tank. I do want a side by side but just cant bring myself to buy another Jeep. LOL Love riding just wish riding season didnt fall on boating season up here. We boat almost up till hunting season so that keeps me from riding. This time of year in the next few weeks is when I get most of my riding in. Once the trails are closed to sleds on the 15th and things start to melt its wheeler time up here.

I can hit 72 on gps with my 27" bighorns rocking a custom 2mm grind off my clutch tappered out to nothing not to loose top end. Sporting a VDI Copperhead computer with a M109 Injector backed by a yellow epi or orange dalton spring with airfilter mods and the list goes on and on. Best part is from 0-35 any time I plant the gas the front jumps up in High. I dont like running past 65 on the king with the big tires since it likes to get there but does not like to stop as good. Does float a bit. Love it. The tires make the ride alot better. Changing the shock angles also helps but in the end new shocks are the way to go. With the prices of new bikes I just can see trading in my old toy that works so well.

Last edited by SacandagaSolutions; 03-08-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacandagaSolutions View Post
What year King do you have that is an 800. I didnt know they made an 800. I have a 750 with alot of mods and can hold my own with a canned ham. They get me by about on bike in a drag. That happens in the first 20 feet after that its about the same. Like I said I have alot of mods. Best part is on a day of riding when they start looking for gas pumps I say I still have 2/3s a tank. I do want a side by side but just cant bring myself to buy another Jeep. LOL Love riding just wish riding season didnt fall on boating season up here. We boat almost up till hunting season so that keeps me from riding. This time of year in the next few weeks is when I get most of my riding in. Once the trails are closed to sleds on the 15th and things start to melt its wheeler time up here.

I believe it is a 2007, it's 760cc, but called an 800. I'm pretty sure I need a new belt and tune up. My buddy has a 2008 with dual exhaust and it was significantly faster then mine. I've had mine in the garage trying to pull it apart and work on it, just haven't gotten to it yet. I've been working on my boats as our season starts soon!

1997 Baja Boss 302
Old 03-08-2014, 08:51 AM

Mine is a 09 750. I would like to see pics of the 800. I belong to a big group of king owners and thought I knew them all. Guess not. It should be a single as they as far as I know never made a twin in the king. If you want more out of your king think about having the clutch saved. Only do this to the outside primary. Drop the weights down to I think 21g on the rollers and drop a EPI yellow secondary spring in. This will make it a powerhouse. If you want more drop a 1mm shim in the primary. My clutches are fully engauged at under a walking speed in low. Engine braking is so good the backshift just helps with the on off on again effect of the gas. If you have coin just sitting around and really want to juice it up drop a VDI programmer in there. But not cheap. 500 bucks. Match that with a new injector and map it correctly you will have a grin ear to ear. I can hook you up with a link that has loads of mods and diy's to keep it cheap if you like.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:17 AM

I purchased this Commander a few months back .
Old 03-08-2014, 09:20 AM

Josh , i really like the pic of the buggy Garage . Very cool .
Old 03-08-2014, 09:45 AM

I love the side by sides there so kewl just so big. Adirondack trails are small. LOL Oh and you cant register one here in NYS. So tickets all over if off your own land.