Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Pictures and Videos
Register Calendar

Old 08-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the update. I recently pulled the trigger on a garage but ended up choosing brick/block with 2x6 studs and truss roof with vinyl/shingles. Nothing much to report yet but will start a new thread as work progesses.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Mark, good looking barn!! Do you plan to do something with the 2nd level?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM

coming right along im sure you are glad you have power now.........

mine is full already. and got more stuff to go in it.

to anyone who is thinking about building one. they are never big enough. pick the next biggest size you can afford you will be happy you did in the long run.

Riverfronthandyman.com
Old 08-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Mr 2 chits

Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
Thanks for the update. I recently pulled the trigger on a garage but ended up choosing brick/block with 2x6 studs and truss roof with vinyl/shingles. Nothing much to report yet but will start a new thread as work progesses.
Congrats!! What size are you thinking?

Next update is a well. $12K-$15K so it is going to be a few more weeks before we can get that done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniHawk View Post
Mark, good looking barn!! Do you plan to do something with the 2nd level?
Couldn't decide so had it built to specs for finished living space. Would make a nice 1600ish SF man-cave one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36outlaw View Post
coming right along im sure you are glad you have power now.........

mine is full already. and got more stuff to go in it.

to anyone who is thinking about building one. they are never big enough. pick the next biggest size you can afford you will be happy you did in the long run.
Already wondering how to get a 33'-36' RV inside next to the boat.. Should have stuck with the naked 60x40 vs dropping down to the upgraded 48x40!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:22 PM

We are looking at some house with property and I will also be adding a boat barn. I looked at CB Structures. Seems like a good company. I may go the basic route and upgrade some things later. I want to make sure if I build one that I would not be restricted if I ever wanted to go up in boat size.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 PM

Mark,
I'm in a neighborhood with white picket fences and .35 ac lots. Already got HOA and county permits for a 30 x 56 x 15 ft tall. Putting in (2) 12w x 14t doors, 8/12 room trusses for a party room upstairs later, and water/sewer for a sink now/bathroom upstairs later. Block will be 3ft tall then 12ft 2x6 studs for the walls. Room trusses to have 2 x 10 bottoms to hold my fat azz up there. As mentioned months ago the exterior has to be vinyl/shingles to match the house, now I'll have a brick foundation that also matches.

This thing is already staked out and foundation poured in the back yard....well, it vitually IS my backyard now!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Wow Mark, looks great!!!

I need one of these but unfortunately our HOA doesn't allow it.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Mr 2 chits

Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
Mark,
I'm in a neighborhood with white picket fences and .35 ac lots. Already got HOA and county permits for a 30 x 56 x 15 ft tall. Putting in (2) 12w x 14t doors, 8/12 room trusses for a party room upstairs later, and water/sewer for a sink now/bathroom upstairs later. Block will be 3ft tall then 12ft 2x6 studs for the walls. Room trusses to have 2 x 10 bottoms to hold my fat azz up there. As mentioned months ago the exterior has to be vinyl/shingles to match the house, now I'll have a brick foundation that also matches.

This thing is already staked out and foundation poured in the back yard....well, it vitually IS my backyard now!!!!
Yes, I remember you couldn't do metal. I had a friend do a nice 60x40 with vinyl siding for around $65K. That is about what this project cost but that includes $25K in earth work which he didn't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Wow Mark, looks great!!!

I need one of these but unfortunately our HOA doesn't allow it.
Thanks! This barn is on 64 acres about 7 miles south of our house for the same reason. We wanted to live "in town" and having a barn gave us the option of being able to live in town and still have storage space.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:19 AM

gotcha, sounds like a good plan.

Fortunately I can keep my boat at the house because it's a water oriented community but we can't even have a small shed due to the bylaws. That's one thing I miss about the area of NJ where I used to live because we didn't have these types of restrictions. I understand the reason and how the HOA is trying to preserve the neighborhood in their defined standards but sometimes it's a little extreme IMHO.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Mr 2 chits

Electric has been delayed due to all the storms, hurricanes, tornados, floods, etc but almost there!!

The hurricane, flood, earthquake and rain washed our other road out so now we have a new improved road.

That black pipe was an old drainage pipe to keep the lake filled. It was filled with dirt and hasn't been in use for decades but no reason to rip it out until now, it was buried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e.jpg (70.5 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg ee.jpg (36.0 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg eeee.jpg (82.5 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg eeeee.jpg (100.2 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg eee.jpg (87.9 KB, 162 views)
Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Mr 2 chits

Electric has been in for about a month- good stuff to have!

Parents-in-law have set up a hunting lodge! Behind the green shower curtain, "the loo" as the Redcoats call it. (porta-potty).

The school tax just got raised, from $12,700 to $15K. So to get water down there is $10K-$15K for the well and $15K for the tax. The health department collects the tax when someone gets a well or taps in to their sewer (well is only option at this property).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0050.jpg (80.7 KB, 138 views)
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

10 to 15k for a well , where do you have to drill to China
Old 11-22-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKES280 View Post
10 to 15k for a well , where do you have to drill to China
Times have changed! I used to drill a water well Approx. 210 feet run water lines to house Install pump, and tie in to house for 3700 bucks in Pa. Dang thats high...
Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 AM

We are getting hit for a 7k tie in for our sewer line for the house we are building. I almost would rather have a septic system! That is not even to dig the trench and lay the pipe just for the PRIVILEGE to tie in. Damn local crap!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2562 View Post
Times have changed! I used to drill a water well Approx. 210 feet run water lines to house Install pump, and tie in to house for 3700 bucks in Pa. Dang thats high...
i have never heard of a well costing 15k maybe mark needs to stop hiring people to do grunt work and do some his self