Go Back   Boatfreaks > General Forums > Poker Runs / Boat Shows / Racing
Register Calendar

Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inbetween View Post
If by chance some of us far up northerners get a chance to come down for the run weekend, (without a boat ) is there someplace that is good for viewing/hanging out? Some place close enough to get some photos, etc. Would love to bring the boat for the run, but not $$ possible right now.
It is looking like we are going to start from X 36 bar and grill ( I guess that is what it is still called after cliff sold out). come on down, hang out, take pics, someone may offer you a ride!!

Riverfronthandyman.com
Old 06-18-2010, 06:03 AM

I wish we were coming back down again but we are going to miss it this year. Hopefully if it's on next year we will be down because we all had a blast and even our kids have asked if we were going to do it again and we planned on it but other things happened so we decided it is best to skip this year. Have a great turnout and have fun.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:58 AM

Not sure how many boats you are thinking but if things don't work out with the restruants between my dock and my neighbors new dock we can probably park 15 to 20 boats. I may or may not be around depending on when Ariel decides to pop out the kid but I'm sure Vagrant could handle it.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Prior post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Not sure how many boats you are thinking but if things don't work out with the restruants between my dock and my neighbors new dock we can probably park 15 to 20 boats. I may or may not be around depending on when Ariel decides to pop out the kid but I'm sure Vagrant could handle it.
Thats simple, just tell her she can not have the baby that week end. No problem!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Yea she cant have it that weekend...... you are the official CPBA photographer!!

Seriously, good luck with the baby. I'm sure everything will go well.

Riverfronthandyman.com
Old 06-18-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstuck View Post
I wish we were coming back down again but we are going to miss it this year. Hopefully if it's on next year we will be down because we all had a blast and even our kids have asked if we were going to do it again and we planned on it but other things happened so we decided it is best to skip this year. Have a great turnout and have fun.
Well I hate to hear you cant make it back down. hope to see you next year. I love that pic of your kid with his head hanging outside the boat.

Riverfronthandyman.com
Old 06-18-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36outlaw View Post
It is looking like we are going to start from X 36 bar and grill ( I guess that is what it is still called after cliff sold out). come on down, hang out, take pics, someone may offer you a ride!!
Thanks, so far it's looking like we'll be there somewhere.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Watch it, Cledus...

2010 CPBA Fun Run July 17th!!!

After unexpected delays and some big help from a select few, we finally have everything ready to roll.

On Saturday July 17th the Carolina Powerboat Club is having its 6th annual LKN Fun Run and registration is now open. This years fun run will start at the Exit 36 Bar & Grill and continue on to 5 other card stops spread out over the lake. After finishing the run back at Exit 36 Bar & Grill for lunch, everyone can enjoy and explore Lake Norman until its time to head back for the banquet. This years hosting hotel for the LKN Fun Run banquet is the Cornelius Days Inn, where Saturday nights awards party and festivities will be held in both the Banquet hall and Bar of the hotel. There is a block of rooms reserved for participants at a reduced rate of $52.00 per night, but be sure to tell them you are with "Carolina PowerBoat Association" for the special rate. The phone number for the Days Inn is 704-892-9120 and there address is the Days Inn Hotel, 19901 Holiday Lane, Cornelius, NC 28031.

The fee's for the Fun Run are as fallows,

Price per couple: $150 (Fee is for two people and includes two hands, two dinners, and two T-shirts.) Extra crew dinners are $25 per person without a T-shirt, $40 per person with a T-shirt. Children 13 and under eat free. Extra hands are $50 (can be purchased Saturday night at the party, also). You will have the option to purchase up to 2 extra cards with each hand at a price of $10 per card (this will be offered when you draw your cards Saturday night).

CPBA Fun Run Registration

We look forward to seeing you at the 2010 LKN Fun Run,

TJ
CPBA President
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 AM

well done brother, see you soon!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM

Where are the boat ramps? I noticed the hotel is not on the water. Is the area around the days inn the place to be?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:12 PM

We are planning on comming up Friday should be there about 1:00. 4 boats from Jacksonville Performance Boat Club Heading out at 6:30 AM
Old 07-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Is this run on or off? I thought I saw just the other day that it had been cancelled?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Watch it, Cledus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo Jet View Post
Is this run on or off? I thought I saw just the other day that it had been cancelled?
Run is cancelled, see the thread in General discussion. Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 PM

Lake Norman

Is Carolina Powerboat Club still a vital Club and is there a poker or fun run in the Carolina's for 2011 ?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Watch it, Cledus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by occjoe View Post
Is Carolina Powerboat Club still a vital Club and is there a poker or fun run in the Carolina's for 2011 ?
The club will be electing new officers soon and the dates for the fun run will fallow as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest in CPBA and welcome to BOATFREAKS!!!