View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 05:23 PM
RT930turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack58 View Post
Wasn’t sure if I was going to make it up to BT this year - even without a boat, it’s always a great time. Then, a week or so ago, The Wife says, “Gee, that camping spot you got last year really looked nice – can we do that?”

I reminded her that I camped at Whiting Park because last year, I waited until the last minute to decide about heading up to BC and (being by myself) decided to save some $. “No big deal,” she says. “I camped all the time when I was a kid – I think it’ll be fun.”

She’s right. It was fun – and the view in the morning, looking out from my tent - (when I woke up from my lager-induced haze) can’t be beat.

Looking forward to a fun weekend. July 11th is my 60th B-day, so we are going through Detroit (to see some historical sites - Ford, Dodge Houses, etc.) and overnighting in Grayling before heading over to the campsite in BC on Thursday morning. Thursday, Friday and Saturday in BC and Charlevoix, then we hit the road middle of the afternoon and head down to Frankenmuth to stay over Saturday night.

We’ll head back to Akron on Sunday, but I might try to talk her into stopping at Port Clinton and going out to Put-in-Bay on the way back, since I have Monday off, too.
Cool! See ya there

"You can't cover your boat unless the engines are running, I just like to listen to them." -jriggs

Founding Member / Secretary BMM, Motors #8 - 11
The Following User likes Regartie Post: