Boatfreaks

Boatfreaks (http://forums.boatfreaks.org/index.php)
-   Poker Runs / Boat Shows / Racing (http://forums.boatfreaks.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Boyne Thunder Permits (http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=37035)

Blue Oval 06-17-2017 07:47 AM

Boyne Thunder Permits

1 Attachment(s)
On a serious note from our law enforcement meeting-we will be responsible to enforce our boats to stay behind the pace boat all the way down Lake Charlevoix. So please do this or you may jeopardize forfeiting your card Hand. The single file was brought up several time also. The DNR feels as the boats break out into 4 and 5 wide, this makes it more dangerous for the spectators along the lake watching from their boats.

TripleB 06-20-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Oval (Post 810668)
On a serious note from our law enforcement meeting-we will be responsible to enforce our boats to stay behind the pace boat all the way down Lake Charlevoix. So please do this or you may jeopardize forfeiting your card Hand. The single file was brought up several time also. The DNR feels as the boats break out into 4 and 5 wide, this makes it more dangerous for the spectators along the lake watching from their boats.

How long time wise will the spacing be between groups? I was second to last boat in the first group, passed 20 boats before Round Lake and when I came off plane the flag boat for the second group was right behind me setting down.

Blue Oval 06-20-2017 10:55 AM

The DNR officer was clocking the boats. They were running above our 55 mph limit and getting in front of the pace boat in the group she was watching. I don't know the boats that were involved, but we promised we would keep all the groups behind their paceboat and keep them at 55 mph. I try to make sure each group has cleared the circle in front of Boyne City before I start the next group.

TripleB 06-20-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Oval (Post 811390)
The DNR officer was clocking the boats. They were running above our 55 mph limit and getting in front of the pace boat in the group she was watching. I don't know the boats that were involved, but we promised we would keep all the groups behind their paceboat and keep them at 55 mph. I try to make sure each group has cleared the circle in front of Boyne City before I start the next group.

IMHO I'd wait 5 min after the last boat to start the next group, it gets really jammed up at the entrance to Round Lake, that little break would help alot

TripleB 06-21-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Oval (Post 810668)

May jeopardize? I'd keep it simple, you pass the pace boat don't bother returning to Boyne City, your out, period!

DocktorsOarders! 06-21-2017 10:36 PM

Agreed.... It's continued to be a safe run, lets keep it that way!

phragle 06-22-2017 06:17 AM

Ive never had an issue w1th passing the pace boat..... :embarrassed-smiley1

jriggs 06-28-2017 03:19 PM

What about after lunch :embarrassed-smiley1