PDA

View Full Version : Jammin on the James

wet_rat
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Called this past weekend to make hotel reservations at the Renaissance for this PR and the hotel is booked, anyone know any others close or have a room there not gonna use???

MIKES280
04-29-2008, 06:40 PM
check with tj not sure how many he has but we can get by with 2

wet_rat
04-29-2008, 07:03 PM
check with tj not sure how many he has but we can get by with 2

thanks Mike--where is my best buddy and ole pal

OFFSHORE GINGER
04-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Called this past weekend to make hotel reservations at the Renaissance for this PR and the hotel is booked, anyone know any others close or have a room there not gonna use??? W R Best Western here in Mich :rollsmile:rollsmile:rollsmile just kiddin :rollsmile

wet_rat
04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
W R Best Western here in Mich :rollsmile:rollsmile:rollsmile just kiddin :rollsmile

too frigid up there for this blood:whiteflag

t500hps
04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm one of the organizers and will have someone check on the hotel tomorrow. Seems early to be filled already considering we only have about 75-80 of 110 spots filled. There is another hotel next to the Renaissance that may have rooms...I think it's a Holiday Inn (Portsmouth waterfront).

Make sure you tell them it's for the RPBA (Richmond Powerboat Association)

Velocity Mark
04-29-2008, 09:09 PM
T500HPs is there still 93 available where it was last year were going to need it?:rock

wet_rat
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm one of the organizers and will have someone check on the hotel tomorrow. Seems early to be filled already considering we only have about 75-80 of 110 spots filled. There is another hotel next to the Renaissance that may have rooms...I think it's a Holiday Inn (Portsmouth waterfront).

Make sure you tell them it's for the RPBA (Richmond Powerboat Association)

I did mention the RPBA and they said there was no group rate. I didn't care about that was just looking for a group of rooms that had been alloted, she said they were booked full. All the hotel sites (expedia, blah blah blah) say the same

t500hps
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
T500HPs is there still 93 available where it was last year were going to need it?:rock

I assume you found it at Sunset up inside Hampton (across the river from the final party/hotel) and it should still be available this year. I would have met you guys over there but my boat only made it 1/2 way down last summer. At least I was able to park it and hitch a ride for the rest of the event.

t500hps
04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
I did mention the RPBA and they said there was no group rate. I didn't care about that was just looking for a group of rooms that had been alloted, she said they were booked full. All the hotel sites (expedia, blah blah blah) say the same

I just talked to the couple that is in charge of the hotel and they will call tomorrow. Try again and mention the full name..."Richmond Powerboat Association". They use our full name and don't seem to recognize the initials for some reason.

Velocity Mark
04-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I assume you found it at Sunset up inside Hampton (across the river from the final party/hotel) and it should still be available this year. I would have met you guys over there but my boat only made it 1/2 way down last summer. At least I was able to park it and hitch a ride for the rest of the event.

Yes we found it and had a nice little ride over there last year.:rock I hate we did not get a chance to meet up with you but we will be there again this year and will probably be in my boat, so look me up.

AMBUSHER
04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
thanks Mike--where is my best buddy and ole pal

Sorry Boss, If I had an extra room you could have it but I have 1 King and 1 Double queen which as Mike said we need.

Again, Sorry about that.
TJ

Ain't Skeered
04-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Sorry Boss, If I had an extra room you could have it but I have 1 King and 1 Double queen which as Mike said we need.

Again, Sorry about that.
TJ:rollsmile YEA THAT KING & DOUBLE WILL BE FULLY LOADED. :stirpot. TJ HOW DEVIL YOU GET ANY SLEEP WITH THE WAY FATBOY SNORE'S.. ?. ESPECIALLY AFTER A DAY OF ->:booze1:

wet_rat
04-30-2008, 07:32 AM

Again, Sorry about that.
TJ

no prob,I'll work something out.

Beak Boater
04-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Glad to hear you are all coming up for the run. Should be a good time again. Hope to see some of you in Jax. Poker run.

AMBUSHER
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
:rollsmile YEA THAT KING & DOUBLE WILL BE FULLY LOADED. :stirpot. TJ HOW DEVIL YOU GET ANY SLEEP WITH THE WAY FATBOY SNORE'S.. ?. ESPECIALLY AFTER A DAY OF ->:booze1:

LOL, I got it covered, I snore like a freight train in a blizzard. Why do you think I get my own room?:rollsmile

There is a method to the madness.:test:

AMBUSHER
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Glad to hear you are all coming up for the run. Should be a good time again. Hope to see some of you in Jax. Poker run.

See ya there:rock

wet_rat
04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Well, called Renissance again today, had to get a manager on the phone but there are still rooms available for the RPBA group. Will be sending registration today.

drejustice
05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
A little glimpse of the dock party after the run..:booze1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amOqkkEvEu8

MMarsha
05-13-2008, 01:24 PM
and that was the PG version..

Good times!

45sonic
07-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Everyone getting ready??

AMBUSHER
07-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Everyone getting ready??

You got it:rock

t500hps
07-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Getting REAL close!!!!

TJ and some of the other "freaks" that will be there.....look for a red and blue 38 Formula and come say hi. I wanted to meet a few of you ""freaks" last year but my boat didn't even make it to the first stop.

Also, someone needed 93 octane last year and to my knowledge it is still available at the same place it was last summer..... Sunset Marina (hope so, cause I need it too!!!)

AMBUSHER
07-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Getting REAL close!!!!

TJ and some of the other "freaks" that will be there.....look for a red and blue 38 Formula and come say hi. I wanted to meet a few of you ""freaks" last year but my boat didn't even make it to the first stop.

Also, someone needed 93 octane last year and to my knowledge it is still available at the same place it was last summer..... Sunset Marina (hope so, cause I need it too!!!)

Look forward to it and good deal on the 93octane!

Sydwayz
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
The Renaissance is now booked solid. However, the Holiday Inn next door does have rooms as of a few days ago. Worst case is the Marriot on the other side of the harbor in Norfolk which is a (land/water) taxi away.

MMarsha
07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
FYI- Holiday Inn is sold out....

MMarsha
07-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Update-

I just booked at the Candlewood Suites in Hopewell for Friday night and the Renaissance for Saturday night. 1:37PM Eastern time on 7/7. The Ren said they have a ton of rooms left??????

Candlewood Suites
5113 PLAZA DRIVE
HOPEWELL, VA 23860
1-804-5410200
$139 + tax for $157.07 total for queen bed suite

Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Conference Center
425 Water Street
Portsmouth, Virginia 23704
Phone: 1-757-673-3000
$179 + tax for 2 beds and 2 breakfast coupons

t500hps
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Update-

I just booked at the Candlewood Suites in Hopewell for Friday night and the Renaissance for Saturday night. 1:37PM Eastern time on 7/7. The Ren said they have a ton of rooms left??????

Candlewood Suites
5113 PLAZA DRIVE
HOPEWELL, VA 23860
1-804-5410200
$139 + tax for $157.07 total for queen bed suite

Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Conference Center
425 Water Street
Portsmouth, Virginia 23704
Phone: 1-757-673-3000
$179 + tax for 2 beds and 2 breakfast coupons

Our room block filled a week or 2 ago with a price of $149 (I think). You got a room, but not in the "block" we reserved.....Glad to hear rooms are left at ANY price!!!!

MMarsha
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Ah- I am using a stolen credit card anyway so price is no option!

This is a confirmation that you've requested the following amenities from Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Conference Center during your upcoming stay.

Extra towels
Room near elevator
Early Check-In (please note arrival time in the comment section below)
Low floor
Fruit & Chesse Display for Two
1/2 Dozen Chocolate Covered Strawberries
20% SERVICE CHG. & 11.5% TAXES ARE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED ALL FOOD & BEVERAGE AMENITIES

1 guest has physical handicap so lower floor close to conference room near Richmond Power Boat Club banquet requested.

Thank you for choosing Marriott!

I figure since I am a passenger for the whole run things might get ugly quicker than normal and that might come in handy..

t500hps
07-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Ah- I am using a stolen credit card anyway so price is no option!

This is a confirmation that you've requested the following amenities from Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Conference Center during your upcoming stay.

Extra towels
Room near elevator
Early Check-In (please note arrival time in the comment section below)
Low floor
Fruit & Chesse Display for Two
1/2 Dozen Chocolate Covered Strawberries
20% SERVICE CHG. & 11.5% TAXES ARE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED ALL FOOD & BEVERAGE AMENITIES

1 guest has physical handicap so lower floor close to conference room near Richmond Power Boat Club banquet requested.

Thank you for choosing Marriott!

I figure since I am a passenger for the whole run things might get ugly quicker than normal and that might come in handy..

DUDE....you rented the honeymoon suite....I can't wait to congradulate you and the "Mrs.'s" !!!!! :stirpot:rollsmile

MMarsha
07-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Is there a theme to the party this year? Hawaiian?

45sonic
07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
That was last years theme or don't you remember :booze1::slaps

MMarsha
07-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I just noticed you posted the same question on Other Site Out there. Great minds think a like...

Yea- I remember barely. I was broke by stop #2 last year, this year I am a passenger the whole run so things could get interesting...

Beak Boater
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Also from the other site....Its official Fountain Factory will be at Jammin on the James. They will have 2 boats, one is a 47 with Wyatt at the controls. Dont know what the other one is.

t500hps
07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
In addition to Fountain entering 2 factory boats I would like to thank our sponsors. We had one 11th hour sponsor change in which Sunsation was able to step-up and cover (they had actually been asking for weeks to find a way to get them involved):

Sponsors are:
Va Wood Products (37 AT that runs 100+ when it doesn't have 7 people in it)

Accelerated Financial Solutions (new 43 Sunsation F4....100+)

Active Thunder (bringing a 37 with a huge following of a dozen AT's)

Sunsation has stepped up to become a sponsor with another F4!!!!!

Please make sure to let these guys know you appreciate the time and money they spend to help make this an EXCELLLENT event!!!!!

Russ C.
RPBA

MIKES280
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
see everyone in 2 days

Offshoreracr
07-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Got my prop shafts back in last night so it looks like a go for this weekend!
:test::rock:test:

t500hps
07-11-2008, 06:55 AM
TONIGHT...it starts

Just passed the Factory Sunsation black F4 coming through downtown Richmond a few minutes ago.....!!!!

MMarsha
07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm in Hopewell at the Candlewood Suites.

I was going to say "life is grand on poker run weekends" but it should be "life is a coupe grand on poker run weekends (and only that cheap it you are lucky and nothing breaks or the strippers aren't too hot).

:rollsmile

CBlakeNS
07-12-2008, 04:05 PM
I couldnt make it out there today. The earliest I would have got there was probably 1 or 1:30 and I was not sure if you guys would still be there. I am looking forward to pictures though. Was there a red donzi in the run?

randynuzzo
07-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Will try to post a few soon...Timing was pretty good for this shot, I think someone is lost.

Velocity Mark
07-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Nice Randy, so glad you decided to join the site and you can post as many pic's as you like here.

Zone 5
07-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Will try to post a few soon...Timing was pretty good for this shot, I think someone is lost.

So Ambusher just made a wrong turn north instead of south. Ooops

Reminds me of Jax and some sand:stirpot:rollsmile:rollsmile:rollsmile

Velocity Mark
07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
I just looked at that pic a little bit better and I just have to ask. How the hell did you do that?:test:

45sonic
07-14-2008, 06:03 AM
It was being towed in the Elizabeth River when we were heading toward the finish at Tidewater. We passed it and thought it was kind of strange also.

Nice work Randy.

MMarsha
07-14-2008, 06:32 AM
:booze1:

t500hps
07-14-2008, 07:00 AM
I just looked at that pic a little bit better and I just have to ask. How the hell did you do that?:test:

It's a real pic.....there's a scrap yard somewhere in there, I'm sure that's where that thing was going!!!!

t500hps
07-14-2008, 07:01 AM
:booze1:

I didn't have to drink mine....I think someone hooked an I.V. full to me all weekend!!! :test2:

t500hps
07-14-2008, 07:03 AM
BTW: Maryland Mark.....We ran beside you guys for a short while coming back Sunday (you were in the triple BT right?)....I was running the Formula 382 with the red bimini top (sorry Cuda:)) We split and went off to the left and rafted up til 4-5 o'clock...should have stopped in.

MMarsha
07-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Yep- that was us. I wish we would have met up!

The boat owner was heading to Myrtle Beach straight from the run and I brought his truck and boat back to Maryland- he wanted to get on the road. I could have stayed another day or 2.

I am going to plan on coming back down that area before the run next year- would like to check out Jamestowne the other local stuff. I talked to the owner of Smithfield Station on Sunday- cool guy! I told him him being a sponsor is the reason we went out of our way to each lunch there and will be staying at his hotel when we come back down. I'll let you know when we are thinking of coming down to see if you can come hang out.

t500hps
07-14-2008, 07:25 AM
MM:
The Hampton Roads guys put on a run next month that most of the same locals show up for.....It's not quite as wild at the dock party.....but it's close. Last year I didn't make it back to the boat til 4:10!!!!

Look up HRPA (Reckless on OSO) puts on that run and it also is a blast. It starts just across the harbor from where we ended and runs to most of the major party spots around Hampton Roads before returning to the same start/ending spot for the night.

MMarsha
07-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the info-

http://hrpa.homestead.com/

http://hrpa.homestead.com/Rendezvous.html

AMBUSHER
07-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Welcome to Boatfreaks Randy, awesome shot:rock

AMBUSHER
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
So Ambusher just made a wrong turn north instead of south. Ooops

Reminds me of Jax and some sand:stirpot:rollsmile:rollsmile:rollsmile

:test:

drejustice
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
:1bounce

drejustice
07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
:rock

AMBUSHER
07-14-2008, 12:18 PM

:nudie

drejustice
07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
:string

MIKES280
07-14-2008, 09:49 PM
great pics thanks

bullhead
07-15-2008, 08:20 PM
I couldnt make it out there today. The earliest I would have got there was probably 1 or 1:30 and I was not sure if you guys would still be there. I am looking forward to pictures though. Was there a red donzi in the run?

We ran a red 38zr....but broke a prop shaft right after the stop in Jamestown...idled in and finished the run on the 47 fountain factory boat....you know its a good run when you can break and still have a great time

Offshoreracr
07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
We saw your boat at the first stop. Great looking Donzi, sorry about your prop shaft but glad you made the rest of the run. Dock party was awesome.

CBlakeNS
07-15-2008, 11:35 PM
I live in Smithfield Virginia, is your boat out by the volva penta place and where they call eclipse on a boat lift? Formula beside it? Sunday I saw three fountains running out near gatling pointe and browns marine and one looked like a factory boat.

We ran a red 38zr....but broke a prop shaft right after the stop in Jamestown...idled in and finished the run on the 47 fountain factory boat....you know its a good run when you can break and still have a great time

bullhead
07-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I live in Smithfield Virginia, is your boat out by the volva penta place and where they call eclipse on a boat lift? Formula beside it? Sunday I saw three fountains running out near gatling pointe and browns marine and one looked like a factory boat.

That is a 33zx that belongs to my brother-in-law that is for sale...he was not in the run but one of his buddies was out tooling around in it Saturday checking out the Pokerrun boats....also that was a factory Fountain taking us home Sunday on Jones creek...the other two were friends....what a great weekend but still trying to recover

CBlakeNS
07-16-2008, 01:46 PM
That is a 33zx that belongs to my brother-in-law that is for sale...he was not in the run but one of his buddies was out tooling around in it Saturday checking out the Pokerrun boats....also that was a factory Fountain taking us home Sunday on Jones creek...the other two were friends....what a great weekend but still trying to recover

Well glad I actually got to saw some of the boats, even if it was on Sunday!

I am sure I will see you out on the water probably on jetskis or something. We just moved to Smithfield from Suffolk. Anyways, I always see your brother in laws boat right there by the high rise, a long time ago I stopped by and talked to him. There is a boat near Jones Creek boat ramp, I am not sure what it is..could even be your boat...but it might be a fountain. Its more of a burgandy red. Good looking boat though.

bullhead
07-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Well glad I actually got to saw some of the boats, even if it was on Sunday!

I am sure I will see you out on the water probably on jetskis or something. We just moved to Smithfield from Suffolk. Anyways, I always see your brother in laws boat right there by the high rise, a long time ago I stopped by and talked to him. There is a boat near Jones Creek boat ramp, I am not sure what it is..could even be your boat...but it might be a fountain. Its more of a burgandy red. Good looking boat though.

Thats me...if your on the creek and we are there stop by for a beverage

MMarsha
07-16-2008, 06:29 PM
He's 19 so make sure that is Pepsi! :rollsmile

I didn't touch a drop until I was 21.... :busted

MIKES280
07-16-2008, 06:39 PM

you are making up for it now:rollsmile:booze1:

MMarsha
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
:eek:

bullhead
07-16-2008, 07:30 PM

We'll make it a Rockstar:booze1:

CBlakeNS
07-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Thats me...if your on the creek and we are there stop by for a beverage

Good looking boat, if I do not see you out on the water...say hello if you see me with my boat freaks t-shirt on!

slboatdrinks
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Pics are up on Randy's site: https://www.imagequix.com/exec/vando/ProofViewer.php

If that doesn't work, click on: http://randynuzzo.com/ and then on ImageQuix.

Steve

45sonic
07-17-2008, 05:11 PM
thanks Steve