PDA

View Full Version : Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run May 20-21, 2011

drejustice
12-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run May 20-21, 2011.
Everything is set for the Tom Maynard Memorial Poker Run at Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia.

What's great about this run is the start and end of the run are the same location, which has accomodations and is hosting the party so poker run participants can enjoy the festivities after the run and not worry about having to operate under the influence.

Mariner's Landing Resort again will be hosting with the Friday night party at Mangos with two great bands (food, wine, and beer provided from 6-8pm) and bus transportation to and from Mariner's Landing.

Saturday: The Poker Run starts and finishes at Mariner's Landing with a complimentary beer garden upon return of the Poker run along with evening festivities (great food and rockin' band).
For more information and registration forms, go to www.smlba.com . Only 75 boats allowed.

Last year was blast and by far the best, even with an overcast start.

Swede
12-02-2010, 01:57 PM
I know a lot of the boatfreaks guys used to go to this run when it was at bridgewater. It kinda fissled out for a few years but I think it is back with this new venue. You guys should give it a shot again. If for some reason the weather isn't great everyone is still in the same place to party.

Link to last years photos- www.performance-images.com/Powerboats/Smith-Mountain-Lake-PR/Smith-Mountain-Lake-2010/12286418_yipwR

http://www.performance-images.com/Powerboats/Smith-Mountain-Lake-PR/Smith-Mountain-Lake-2010/IMG0279/876615821_jamwB-XL-1.jpg

drejustice
12-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I know a lot of the boatfreaks guys used to go to this run when it was at bridgewater. It kinda fissled out for a few years but I think it is back with this new venue. You guys should give it a shot again. If for some reason the weather isn't great everyone is still in the same place to party.

I agree with you. We skipped the year previous pretty much because of the lack of accomadations at the start/finish and after party.

MIKES280
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
i love that lake and the poker run was always a good time, the weather just seemed to get us a lot

Swede
01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I saw something that the Blue Angels are at the lynchburg air show that weekend as well. Might be something for people to do on Sunday.

Swede
05-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Anybody Going? Sunny and 83 degrees.

MIKES280
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Dave i hope you can get some good shots